Christmas Comes Early!Nov 17, 2020
Christmas has come early for many online. Maybe you’ve also felt the impulse to decorate and welcome in glad tidings of comfort and joy after these disheartening pandemic months.
I predicted that after the election, people would start coming back to social media to get geared up for Black Friday sales. Things aren’t exactly back to normal, but I’ve seen engagement numbers trending up!
Use it for Your Business
If you’re planning a Black Friday deal, start teasing it now! I don’t know if you’re the same way, but I stop shopping the few weeks before Black Friday and make a wish list of products to see if they go on sale during Black Friday weekend. Get on their wish lists now.
Even if you don’t have a product, crank up the hygge in your social posts. Bring out the candles, cozy blankets, comfort foods, and wooden elements – think warmth, layers, and texture.
Pull your content from your December content calendar up! People are all here for it! (And if they’re not, oh well. There’s always a Grinch in the crowd.)
Here are a few examples:
- @rememberingtheoldways is making her Traditional English Christmas Cake.
- @kris_britton is teaching about the benefits of Frankincense essential oils.
- @katiemoorewellness decorated her house in a creative blub bomb Reel.
- @miss.maddy.makes shows you how to make an adorable tiny had for your furry friends.
- @kelly.knecht is coming in hot with hilarious Reels (here, here, and here) about her husband not wanting her to buy more Christmas decor.
“It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas” is getting a lot of play right now!!
Just because it’s new doesn’t mean it’s worth your time.
Is creating early Christmas content worth the time investment for your business?
SURE: I give it 4 out of 5 thumbs up.
Start clearing some time on the calendar to dedicate to it. You will most likely see positive results.
Especially if you have a holiday promotion or Black Friday deal coming up, it’s a win-win situation for everyone!
Social media is constantly changing. Sign up for This Week in Social Media Marketing to stay informed of the trends and decide whether it’s worth your time to try them.