Content Ideas for HalloweenOct 17, 2022
Confession: Halloween has never been my favorite holiday. I think it’s something about lugging a big jack-o'lantern bucket around the neighborhood while trying to breathe through a plastic mask secured to my head with a string.
Now I feel permission to enjoy Halloween my way: Passing out candy while drinking spiked apple cider and chilling in our driveway around a Solo stove.
Consider this your permission slip to do Halloween your way on social media.
Whether you completely ignore it, just use a spooky sound or two, or go all in – I have some ideas for you!
Use it for Your Business
In order of least to the most effort, here are some ideas for adding some spooky vibes to your content:
- Play off tricks and treats: Give your audience some tricks (tips) for your industry or some treats like a sweet discount code.
- Pull out the autumnal colors: Feature the fall colors in your brand palette throughout October, especially if you can use contrasting shades of orange, black, or cream.
- Use a spooky sound: TikTok created the ultimate #SpookySzn playlist to use in your Reels/TikToks/Shorts.
- Tell a hauntingly good story: Every business is trying to solve a customer’s pain point. Make their terror the center of the story and how your product or service saves the day. Here’s a great example from Attorney Alli.
- Get dressed up: Pinterest released the top 10 searched for Halloween costumes this season. Dress up as your favorite, or use the movies as inspo for your memes or gifs.
- Apply effects and filters: If you don’t feel like getting dressed up, you can always apply a Zombie makeup filter, for example.
Don’t forget to use seasonal hashtags like #trickortreat, #spookyseason, or #Halloween in your captions!
Just because it's new doesn't mean it's worth your time: Is creating Halloween content worth your time?
Maybe: I give it 3 out of 5 thumbs up.
You definitely don’t have to incorporate spooky vibes in your content, but people are on social media to be entertained. The more you can make your content fun and relatable, the better.
Social media is constantly changing. Sign up for This Week in Social Media Marketing to stay informed of the trends and decide whether it’s worth your time to try them.