Refresh with Fall FashionSep 13, 2021
Better than the September issue of Vogue, social media is exploding with new fashion and beauty trends for fall. Each social platform is embracing it in its own way.
Here’s a quick round-up:
- The latest edition of Instagram Insider hit the Internet, showing you what’s hot in fashion and beauty on Instagram this fall.
- TikTok is hosting #TikTokFashionMonth with a month’s worth of featured creators and live events.
- YouTube is highlighting the latest GenZ trend called Cottagecore which encompasses fashion and other aesthetics in your videos. (Thank Taylor Swift for cementing this trend into the zeitgeist of our pandemic times.)
- Pinterest introduces first-of-its-kind hair pattern search for inclusive beauty results.
Use it for Your Business
One doesn’t need to be a fashionista or run a boutique to take advantage of the fall fashion and beauty trends. Here are some suggestions for welcoming in the new season regardless of your interest in fashion:
- Update your graphics
Use the trend predictions and browse Canva for some fall-inspired graphic templates for your social posts.
- Snap your own brand photography
Shop your home or closet for props and create a series of on-brand fall photos for your social posts.
- Refresh your video background
If you’re going live or recording videos, chances are your background could use a fall refresh. With the trends as your guide, make a trip to your local home decor store or shop your stash at home for some autumnal vases or art.
- Revive your fall wardrobe
And the most obvious of them all, check your closet for fall-colored tops for your lives or video recordings. Or, my favorite low-budget solution, pick out a new fall nail polish color or pair of earrings.
Just because it's new doesn't mean it's worth your time: Is focusing on fall fashion worth your time?
MAYBE: I give it 3 out of 5 thumbs up.
Is wearing the latest fashions going to skyrocket your social following or engagement? Probably not. Does help to boost your liability factor and overall relevance? Yes.
The biggest boost for me is the excitement and confidence a fall refresh can give you. Similar to the new school supplies and the first-day outfit, you get a renewed sense of purpose, something your followers will notice.
Social media is constantly changing. Sign up for This Week in Social Media Marketing to stay informed of the trends and decide whether it’s worth your time to try them.