Holiday Content Starter KitNov 29, 2021
The holiday season is here! As a personal brand, you may be unsure how to show up during the holidays as a professional business.
Use it for Your Business
I have some resources to get you started on adding some holiday merriment in your social media feed, but first...
Tips for holiday content on social media:
- Red and green may clash with your brand colors so reflect your seasonal cheer with the graphics or imagery versus using the colors to signal the season.
- Save holiday graphics and visuals for the holiday content only, not key messages. That way, you can reshare or recycle your main content any time of the year.
- Every year, I reconsider sharing the family Christmas card, so you may have the same question: How personal should I get? Ultimately it’s up to you and the vibe you’re creating in your online community. A personal post every once and a while to help your community get to know you as a person is a great way to connect with your audience.
- Schedule your posts in advance so you don’t have to worry about posting during family gatherings.
Resources to make your feed merry and bright:
- Christmas captions: This list of 100 Instagram Christmas captions and this list of 120 Instagram Christmas captions can get your creative juices flowing.
- Post templates: Go to Canva.com to get free templates you can customize for your brand by searching “Holiday Instagram Story,” for example. Not sure how to do that? Here’s an article with some advice.
- Company Christmas card: If you want to keep it more profesh, do your own version of the family card. Here are 50 Sample Business Holiday Card Messages.
- Post ideas: 7 Ideas for Holiday Social Media Posts
Just because it's new doesn't mean it's worth your time: Is posting holiday content worth your time?
MAYBE: I give it 3 out of 5 thumbs up.
Posting holiday content isn’t going to explode your growth, but it can help keep your followers in the holiday spirit.
Social media is constantly changing. Sign up for This Week in Social Media Marketing to stay informed of the trends and decide whether it’s worth your time to try them.