Pinterest Predicts Goth is Back for 2022Mar 21, 2022
If you’re feeling down about your post-performance on Instagram, it’s not you. It’s a whole host of other factors including Instagram updating the app and political strife causing people to take social media breaks.
Let’s think about happier thoughts, like fun 2022 trend predictions from Pinterest!
Pinterest has the scoop on emerging trends because users go to Pinterest to plan for things. So, smart content creators reveal what’s up and coming there first, posting 3-6 months in advance. While you may have just written and posted your St. Patrick’s Day nod on Thursday, pinners are planning their back-to-school content.
Use it for Your Business
Potential uses for the Pinterest trends:
- Create new blog or podcast content featuring the trends. Remember the Goth phase from the ‘90s!? A fashion YouTuber could demonstrate the new trend goth-aissance that’s sweeping all ages, for example.
- Develop new lead magnets. You could create a downloadable PDF of how to set up an Emotional Escape Room in exchange for an email address.
- Produce a paid product around one of the trends. If you’re a fitness instructor, for example, create an online course or offer Zoom classes teaching how to Flexercise.
- Partner with an expert in one of the trends. Maybe you’re not an expert in Higher Frequency living but you could invite one to go live with you.
- Refresh the aesthetics in your marketing. If you’re having trouble finding a trend that could apply to your business, you can find ways to incorporate them into your social media images, graphics, advertising, and brand photography. Pinterest claims Biophilic design will be all the rage so add some floral accents to your images.
Just because it's new doesn't mean it's worth your time: Is knowing what Pinterest Predicts for 2022 worth your time?
Sure: I give it 3 out of 5 thumbs up.
Being aware of these trends and referencing them in your work makes your marketing relevant. Is your business going to tank without them? No. However, you could be leaving some great opportunities on the table by not considering them.
Social media is constantly changing. Sign up for This Week in Social Media Marketing to stay informed of the trends and decide whether it’s worth your time to try them.