The Early Pinner Gets the Holiday SalesOct 11, 2021
Pinterest lets creators know how to bring in more sales during the holidays.
Use it for Your Business
There are two key elements to raking in those holiday sales: Start now and get the messaging right.
Step 1: Start early. In 2020, Pinterest reports 60% of holiday sales through pins occurred by Cyber Monday. Start more frequent pinning in September and October. By November, transition all your pins to your holiday campaigns/messaging.
Step 2: Know your holiday shopper persona. Chances are, you have one or more of these personas in your audience. Target your messages accordingly.
- The Early Bird – Don’t even try to be earlier than this bird! They are planning next year’s holiday before this one is even over. Their kryptonite: big discounts
- The Traditionalist – They stick to the same traditions year after year but are looking for some ideas on how to change it up this year… but not too much.
- The Self-Gifter – One for you, a few for me! They are the most likely to respond favorably to messages to “treat yourself!”
- The Rookie Host – With many choosing to stay home for the holidays again this year, rookie hosts are looking to establish their own signature style.
- The Shipping-First Shopper – Whatever keeps these shoppers out of the stores and cozy at home will win their vote!
- The Next-Level Party Planner – “Over the top” doesn’t exist for this host with the most. You’ll win their heart with maximalist style and better-than-last-year’s version of anything.
See Pinterest’s article for more info on each persona.
A bonus tip from me: To find out which of these personas are in your audience, ask them! Send out a survey or poll on social media now so you can be prepared.
Just because it's new doesn't mean it's worth your time: Is pinning early for holiday promotions worth your time?
YES!: I give it 5 out of 5 thumbs up.
I have never regretted one minute of advance planning, ever. Stress levels are lower and chances of success higher. Planning early is always and forever a good idea.
Social media is constantly changing. Sign up for This Week in Social Media Marketing to stay informed of the trends and decide whether it’s worth your time to try them.