Pinterest Predicts 2021Dec 22, 2020
I don’t just have one trend for you today. I have an entire, expertly curated list!
Pinterest functions more like a search engine than a social media platform, which is what perfectly positions the Pinterest platform to predict the popular trends for 2021. (Holy alliteration, Batman!)
Culling through their search data, Pinterest released its annual prediction list of the hot trends for 2021. Last year, they nailed 80% of their predictions, so I’d say investing in any one of these trends is a solid bet for your business.
BTW, I recommend downloading the PDF report to get the full descriptions.
Use It For Your Business
The list is divided into these categories: wellbeing, travel, food and beverage, home, fashion, beauty, parenting, celebrations, finances, and hobbies and interests. Chances are your business falls under or creates for one of them.
Potential uses for the trends list:
- Create new blog or podcast content featuring the trends. A makeup YouTuber could demonstrate the perfect “rainbrow” application, for example.
- Develop new lead magnets. The popularity of digital wallpapers and phone backgrounds are on the rise. You could create branded ones and offer as a free download in exchange for an email address.
- Produce a paid product around one of the trends. If you’re skilled in embroidering, for example, create an online course or offer Zoom classes teaching your skill.
- Partner with an expert in one of the trends. You may not be interested in learning how to execute the perfect painted-on denim look, but you could hire an artist to create an exclusive line for your boutique.
- Refresh the aesthetics in your marketing. If you’re having trouble finding a trend that could apply to your business, you can find ways to incorporate them into your social media images, graphics, advertising, and brand photography. Pinterest claims “frogs are the new fido” so include a pet frog in that family photo instead of the family dog.
Just because it’s new doesn’t mean it’s worth your time: Is focusing on Pinterest trend predictions worth the time investment for your business?
YES!: I give it 4 out of 5 thumbs up.
Start clearing some time on the calendar to dedicate to it. You will most likely see positive results.
Bottom line: At least being aware of these trends and referencing them in your work makes your marketing relevant. Is your business going to tank without them? No. However, you could be leaving some great opportunities on the table by not considering them.
Want more tips like this delivered to your inbox? Sign up for This Week in Social Media Marketing to receive advice and insights on social media marketing every Sunday.